Falling
Think you're a bad mother? Well, you can't beat this one! My boy has been complaining to me for a MONTH now about how his "body turns off" and it makes him fall. He told me it feels like his "bones disappear"
If you knew Noa like I do, you'd know that he likes to tell stories. So I ignored it. After he told me a few times, I got a little worried, so I told the doctor. Noa also went to the school nurse after it happened once and he felt like he hurt his arm when he fell. Doc and I both agreed he must be making it up. Even the teachers have said they've never seen him fall.
Last night I was doing the dishes and heard a thump. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him fall. Hubby saw the whole thing. I continued with the dishes (yeah, go ahead, tell me what a bad mother I am!) because I was still convinced he was doing it for attention. Hubby was very concerned, said that Noa looked dazed and confused after falling. Noa was upset, asked me why I didn't believe him. Maybe because I didn't WANT to believe him! If he's telling the truth, something is WRONG with him.
Doc said he needed to come in today and we went. He is going to get blood work, an MRI, and a Neuro consult (on Oahu, same Neurologist as Elijah!) I cried on the way to the doc, because I felt so horrible. This one time, just this one time, I think it's best if Noa really was lying. Don't let it be ANYTHING.