Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
  999!!!
Wow! One more visitor and I will have 1,000! Release the balloons! Celebrate! You are the 1,000 visitor! How do you feel?!?

Okay, so it's crunch time. I didn't realize it, but I have to finalize my speech BEFORE we leave for Anaheim because I have to give the speech the day after we get home. So I have all that time on the plane to memorize it, yeah, sure.
Uh-huh.

We have an extra passenger...my friend's daughter is coming with us.
Two snow trips ago, we had asked my friend if we could take a daughter with us to help with the babies. It was a toss up between two of the girls, and she ultimately decided on one. The other one just made like "yeah, okay, whatever."
But Sunday I found out that being left behind really affected her, she was still upset with her mom, and I was so sad to hear that. She said her mom never lets her off this rock. A lot of kids here have that mentality, that they need to leave this rock and explore the world. You can get a little stir-crazy, I guess, not having anything else to do. She has been getting into trouble and even dropped out of school.

I've always felt a connection with teen girls, I totally relate, for some reason. Maybe it's like, arrested development, because we had our first baby kind of young, that I never really finished having all my fun years so I'm stuck in a time warp. Makes sense, doesn't it? Like Michael Jackson, except only the kids sleeping in MY bed are my own.

Or maybe it's because there are girls around so much. You know, since I have babies, they want to come and play with them. But whatever it is, I enjoy the fun, easy-going relationship with them.

But I feel this calling, a nudge, to help this girl. How? I don't know. Show her Disneyland for one thing : )Get to know her on this trip. Try and be a mentor, maybe. But what does that really mean? It's kind of scary. What can I say or do to help her get better?

We'll see what happens. Two days to go!
 
Comments:
I am so jealous! I live in the continental US and have never been to disneyland! How do you do it?!

Congrats on your 1000 visitors! You have a great blog!

Good luck on your speech! That is one class I really don't care to ever have to take again, and I don't mind public speaking. LOL
 
Actually I'm visitor 1011. LOL. What do I get? ;)

As for the girl - I often feel these "nudges" in all kinds of situations. If you serve as a mentor for her, you won't regret it. Just be yourself - be a person she can come talk to. Give her advice. Sometimes things sound so much smarter coming from anyone but your own parents at that age!
 
Hi there.
Stopped by to visit. I plan to visit more often.

BTW, we are no longer trying for a girl. Are you? Wish you luck!!

Stop back by!
Sherry
 
Jodi--Gosh, if you don't mind public speaking and you hated the class...imagine how much I HATE IT , I am such a nervous wreck in front of people!
And now's a good time for you to go to Disneyland! We just plan it. Say, we're gonna do this and go! It helps that hubby works for the airlines...that's the ticket!
Tee- You get a cyberhug for being visitor 1011. lol!
Sherry-- sometimes I am certain I want another baby. But no, I don't think so. I will just have to pray for grand daughters to spoil.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com