Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
  Getting Personal
Tee's post about her makeover got me to thinking (I know, you're thinking I'm stalking Tee because I always talk about her!)
I totally lack the maintenance ways of many of my friends. Am I a slob? Or normal? Here are some personal hygiene questions. Answer if you dare!
1. Do you shave your legs every day? (me: no, about every 3-4 days, when the poky hairs start to attack and scratch)
2. How often do you pluck your eyebrows or get them waxed? (me: whenever I notice the overgrowth and subsequent uni-brow formation)
3. Do you use any face creams? (me: just started in December when I got them as a gift)
4. How often do you change your nail polish color (me: only when going out somewhere fancy...meaning once every six months!)
5. Do you get pedicures? (me: only the one I got as a gift, I got two GC for pedicures within weeks of each from separate friends and thought, hmm what are they trying to tell me?)
6. Do you maintain "down-there?" (My friend once told me her hubby was in the bathroom when she undressed to shower and he told her to trim it because it was starting to look like a "chia pet!" I was rolling in hysterics and never realized that people did that other than what I do it for...just for bikini days.)
7. Do you have to wear make up if heading out of the house? (not me!)
8. Do you ever get to 2 pm and realize you haven't gotten out of your jammies NOR brushed your teeth yet? (me: yeah, just now)
9. Have you ever gone to the store without brushing your hair? (me: all the time.)
and
10. Do you floss every day? (me: nope, only when I remember)


ewwww, I feel like such a hippie!! But hey, at least I shower every day and always have clean clothes on...isn't that good enough?
 
Comments:
If you're a hippie, than so am I. Moreso, even. I've never had a pedicure or plucked/waxed my eyebrows!
 
i'm a prissy girly girl!!!
 
1. Nope. Only if I'm wearing shorts or a skirt.
2. Never.
3. Vitamin E cream
4. I wear clear and I redo every 7 days.
5. Nope.
6. Nope. I get so much irritation, my GYN told me not to or it could turn into a staff infection.
7. Yes.
8. Only on Saturdays.
9. No. *horrified look*
10. Yes, once in the morning, once at night. Sometimes if something gets stuck. I'm anal about my teeth -- heh, that sounded funny.

:)

Jeanette
 
I dare too!

1. ARE YOU NUTS! Who has time to shave everyday? I have to shower in mock speed to have a shower without kids interrupting.

2. I don't pluck but then I have never minded the natural shape. I also just heard the other day that the natural shape makes you look younger.

3. I use moisturizer every morning simply because I have acne and oil issues.

4. I don't paint my nails. It is the equivalent of scrubbing the toilet. They look like crap ten minutes after I get them done. :)

5. Nope.

6. Occasionally. I don't shave though, just trim.

7. Only in the morning, if it is later in the day I don't really care.

8. No but then I prefer to be ready for whatever the day is going to throw at me.

9. No but I send hubby, does that count?

10. This goes along with shaving. No. I try to do it once a week but am not very successful at it.
 
I wax and shave and keep everything all tidy. Thats just the way we like it around here.
 
1. No -- weekly in winter, every other day in shorts season
2. Never - the occasional stray. That's why I wear glasses, not contacts. I went once a few months ago with another grown woman my age (44), but chickened out after watching her. I offered to buy her dessert instead if I didn't have to do the wax job. She accepted.
3. Oil of Olay after showering
4. none
5. Never
6. Trims
7. nope - Sundays
8. Nope - dressed by 8 or so. Teeth brushing fanatic - at least 8 times a day
9. I comb it after I shower and that's usually it for the day
10 Nope.
 
1. Once a week in winter, twice in summer
2. Never.
3. I use anti-acne stuff during the day, anti-wrinkle stuff at night. How confused is my skin?
4. Don't polish my nails
5. No
6. Only during swim suit season.
7. No, only on Sundays
8. Yes, but for me it's noon, cause if hubby came home for lunch and I still wasn't dressed there'd be a scene.
9. Yes, occasionally
10. Every night without fail
 
You're stalking me? Darn it. I thought I was stalking you? ;)

I think you are less alone than you think! Women who are already married with children just don't have time for all this.

1. I shave only if I'm going out in public in shorts or a bathing suit or if hubby complains. I can let it go for more than a month in the winter if Hubby doesn't harass me enough.

2. Eyebrows get plucked when I notice stray hairs, usually once a week.

3. I have to use cream or my face feels itchy.

4. I hate nailpolish. I already took mine off my fingers and toes from the makeover. It's just not me.

5. Never had a pedicure and never want one. (The chemical smell in those places is awful and I've heard you can get infections.)

6. Ha! Down there?? Maybe once a year if it's out of control. LOL.

7. I put on makeup maybe once a week when I'm bored or trying to spruce up for Hubby.

8. Nearly everyday.

9. All the time.

10. I floss only before dentist appointments so I don't get yelled at. (Hubby flosses twice a day. He's a freak.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com