Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
  I QUIT!!!!!
That's it! I'm done. It's over.
No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.
The Outline Format has kicked my butt. Thanks a lot, Aristotle.
I hate this. I'm a quitter. A loser. *sniff*
and on my LAST project.
But I just can't do it.
It's so absurd, to be on the phone, late at night, bawling my eyes out
while the instructor tells me everything thats wrong with my paper.
STUPID sub points, sub sub points, and sub sub sub points!
Writing a paper is EASY. All my life teachers have told me my papers were great. (I know you're thinking "she doesn't write that good, what's she talking about?" but I don't put any thought into my blog, I just write whatever comes out. I really can write, if I put my mind to it. Or used to be able to write, anyhow...)
But I can't get it into this format.
I can't, therefore I fail.
Example:
The way I submitted it:
Main Point 2: Heart attacks have specific causes.
(SubPoint 1) A few things can block the blood supply from getting to the heart.
(Sub Sub Point 1) Most blockages occur from fatty deposits.
(sub sub sub point 1) a. fatty deposits accumulate over time.
(sub sub sub point 2) b. (pic of clean and clogged artery)
(Next sub sub point described another type of blockage to support SP 1)

After discussion:
SSP 1 becomes SP 1 and is revised to say "Heart attacks can occur from fatty deposits in the artery."

YES. It makes sense. At the moment. But leave me alone to do the revision and I think my paper looks fine the way it is. ( I know this is not superior work, just passable, but it's not even THAT.)
Over the phone with the instructor it's a piece of CRAP and I don't know ANYTHING about writing this paper.

I HATE THIS!!!

How can I get my degree if I can't pass this class!!?? It's required! There's NO WAY I can revise it by tonight, when I need my hand held to go through each step.

It's not the content, I can spew out a zillion facts, but I can't put them into the correct place. Does it belong here? Or there? Or not at all? Which SUB- STUPID-SUB POINT DOES IT GO INTO?

THIS SUCKS.
I concede defeat.

Being an RN is enough, I don't have to go through any more. Plus, we can't afford the tuition and books ANYWAY. Yeah, just rationalize it all away.

I need a new blog name.
Don't want to be reminded of this class, the one that beat me.
The one that sent me spiraling down, down, down, to the bottom of the abyss of despair.
(lol)
The one I spent an entire semester and hours and hours
and LORD, the embarrassment of giving speeches
ALL FOR NOTHING.

I want my mommmmmyyyyyy and Daddddddddyyyyyy

waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!
 
Comments:
Awwww, Sandy, I'm sorry. :( Here's a big hug for you.

I don't have any advice -- except maybe to talk to your instructor and let him/her know how hard you're trying and your frustration. They're humans, too.

I dunno. (hug)
 
Sorry about your crappy day - think of something better. Like, oh say, the recipe contest. How are those kids liking the new recipes?
 
You can do it. Just go for a quick surf, enjoy the salt water on your skin, refresh your mind and spirit, THEN sit down and try again.

Hugs,
Jody
 
When something is giving me fits, I find it best to just leave it alone for a bit. I know time is limited, but sometimes all it takes is 5 minutes or so. Take a breather and when you come back to it, you may see it in an entirely different way.
 
I agree with everyone else. Take a break (chocolate is always good at a time like this) and then go back and tackle that paper like you wrote the declaration of independence! YOU CAN DO IT! We all have faith in you. Now go, write and do an awesome job! :)
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
You guys are so awesome.
{{{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}}}
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
You guys are so awesome.
{{{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}}}
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com