Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday, June 26, 2005
  Beach at the Lake
We drove and drove today and ended up at lake Mead, where there was a BEACH. I honestly thought beaches were only by the ocean. Dumb de dumb dumb. I wore jeans and a tee shirt. Darnit. And it was SO HOT. We brought six or so bags of popcorn and fed the catfish from the pier. They SWARMED. It was kinda freaky. There were ducks, too. We stayed and had a picnic and played watergun fight. Then drove to a park and played and had a picnic for dinner too. It was a really LONG and HOT but fun day.
My hubby has a ticket to get me and the babies this Thursday, I'm such a dummy, I didn't think about all the responsibilities at home before I decided to get stuck here in Vegas...we are missing speech therapy, a neuro appointmet on Oahu, Elijah's leg braces came in and he was supposed to get them fitted on Friday, and now if we don't get back by July 6th, they won't be back on Maui until sometime at the end of the year...
So anyhow, I gotta get home. Too bad because it's been real relaxing here. I love having my mom and aunt around to help. Even though this house is SO NOT childproof (the babies broke a vase yesterday while I turned my back to put away something else they had their hands on!) My aunt owns a oriental store and has a hot food section. So I have been stuffing my face non stop. Expect me to roll on home. My mom has already asked "how come you let yourself go like that?" And this was PRE-stuff-yourself-with-Thai-food-week. Gotta love mothers, eh?
Man do I feel inferior. I gotta tell you, at the airport flying over here, I knew it would be a long night flight so I didn't put any makeup on, just tossed a rubberband onto my hair and made a half bun/half ponytail that is SO unbecoming but I do it all the time, and basically looked as haggard as I always do. When my hubby went to check our seating arrangements or SOMETHING and took a long time. He comes walking back and I was like "oh! Where's the baby?" because he had taken one with him. and he steps aside and right behind him is this beautiful, skinny, gorgeous ticket agent holding my baby! She came over and he introduced us and I was like man I look horrible. I go out in public like this, he comes home to me looking like this, and he goes to work to women like THIS. I did my best to suck in my stomach. There was NOTHING else I could do. I just felt so inferior and horrible.
My cousin has been giving me the warning signal, I have to get off his computer.Shucks. Talk to you later alligators.
 
Comments:
Ugh! I hate that! I am guilty of going out sans makeup with a half ponytail, stains on my T-shirt, etc. LOL... ALL THE TIME. Some days I don't care that much, but then if we run into somebody we know, or some pretty woman strikes up a conversation with me I feel so horrified and wish I could turn invisible.

I'm glad you've had such an excellent vacation. It sounded like so much fun. It just stinks when you have to come back to reality - all the appointments and bills, etc. LOL.

As for not being able to swim in the lake - sounds like it was for the better if there were tons of catfish in there! Those things creep me out!
 
i am a paranoid prissy girl who cannot go out w/out makeup. and i always gain weight on vacation. what fun is it to not enjoy all the good food? i have really missed you. i keep checking to see if you're back yet. have a safe trip home. xok8
 
First, check this out and see if the picture at the bottom of the page looks familiar :)

http://picturetag.blogspot.com/

Um, second, I keep sucking in my tummy too... and noticing my hub doesn't stick around when I change. How depressing. Then I ate a Little Debbie. Must do something about that someday soon. :)

Hope you have a great time, and don't see any more skinny women. :P ppbbbssttt on them.
 
I'm glad you are enjoying the time with your family over there. I haven't been to Lake Mead but know of it. I am funny when it comes to swimming in lakes...I don't like to! lol

And know that you are a beautiful woman in every way. :)

Safe travels!
 
Take it easy on yourself about how you looked going out of the house. You have a bunch of sweet babies. It makes up for a lot. When you have a little time, you can spend it on yourself and right now all your efforts go toward the wee ones.
 
LOL! i do the half-bun, half-pony, too! and i RARELY wear make-up. only on special occasions.

and, yes, my hubby's still loyal to me! LOL! he's not into Hong Kong women. ahahahaha!
 
Tee--Yup, those catfish were gross.
About the beautiful women, my husband WORKS with them. I never really thought about it until now, my "I'm a frumpy housewife" realization really bummed me out.
K8--You're lucky you have the patience to do all those girly things for yourself.
LizzieDaisy--that's what they looked like! But waaaaay more.
Marie--awww shucks, thanks : )
Diana--hmmm, never thought about lake water, what makes it more yucky than ocean water?
Jayleigh--Exactly. Thanks
Xtessa-me too! Makeup's only for church or going REALLY out, not just errands.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com