Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
  Braces aren't just for teeth!


Elijah got his braces on today. They are only up to his ankle (it's because his feet turn inwards--pronated--his left side is weak because of his CP and he is all off-balance.)
He was even more so with them on, but he'll get used to them soon, I hope.
This is Elijah and his Physical Therapist at the Shriner's clinic, she's beckoning him to come to her.

I can't get this picture to turn right side up! But his smile is so cute I had to keep it here : )

I am meeting his PT at the mall tomorrow so we can find the perfect shoe to fit them since his shoes are too small...





In other news, did you know that the guy who kidnapped Shasta and killed almost her whole family had a blogspot blog????? It was mentioned on the news.
I read it last night, just the beginning and decided to come back when I had lots of time to read his archives. Don't ask me why. Just curious to look into the mind of someone so evil. I came back today and it was hacked into, so there's no more of his posts. This is the site
I don't know why, because I am a Christian, and a very conservative one, but I can't seem to begin to imagine that this guy should even be given a chance at salvation. I have no love for him. I wish him a long, painful excruciating death. How bad is that? It's sad.
I can't fathom how Jesus could love a man like that. And yet he does. He died for ALL of our sins, not just the minor ones, and not just for normal people, but for every single one of us, no matter how bad. Is that not the most amazing thing? We've all sinned and fall short, some exceptionally more than others, and yet any one of us can be saved through faith in Him. Some things we just can't understand because it's in our human nature. Mine, at least. How can anyone love evil personified? Maybe his mother, I don't know.
Anyhow...
...promise of a happier post tomorrow!
 
Comments:
That is a cute smile! I hope he does well in his leg braces.

As for the murderer having a blogspot. That is bizarre. I wish it wouldn't have been hacked so I could read it, too. I don't think that's weird that you want to read it. Natural curiosity. You want to know what in the world this guy would be blogging about, right? Wouldn't it be bizarre if it was just like pics of his kitten and his garden? ... Man, too bad we can't see it.

I understand what you're saying about being "deserving" of salvation. I think the same things. My Mom always says that "we can't understand the mind of God." I guess that's right.

I was thinking about how, as a mother, no matter how many bad things my child does, I wouldn't throw them into a painful fire for eternity...... So, how is it that God, our heavenly Father, who should have more love for us than we can fathom - can do that to us, his children? .... It just makes me sad. I just can't understand it at all.
 
Adorable photos! Your son is beautiful.

I am horrified to think of that evil man and what he did to Shasta and her family. I pray that SHE gets the counseling she needs and prayers and love and TIME she needs in order to be semi-normal one day. How could you come out of that OK?? Only by the grace of God.
 
Hey Sandy!

I have a couple of tips for you with Elijahs AFO's. Do you have a Gap near you? If not, go online and get Gap Triple Roll socks. Get a kazillion pairs of them. Place them on his feet, put on his brace, tehn roll the sock down over the top of the brace. The sock will keep the AFO from rubbing his skin, and will deter him from trying to unstrap the velcro.

My 4yo has clubfoot, and the Gap socks were life savers for me!!

#2 Ask Shriners if they think he would benefit from using a brace called a Denis Brown Brace (DBB) at night. The DBB will really help with the pronation and will stretch out his inner calf muscles. It really hammered home Quinn's correction.

e-mail me if you have any questions. We have been there, done that with all things related to the foot!
 
Hey Sandy!
Elijah is SO cute. I love the picture of him.

I know what you mean about that horrible man and what he did to Shasta and her family. Those kinds of acts are completely unfathomable to me. I just don't understand how anyone could do something so horrific to another human being, especially children. It really breaks my heart.
 
Hi Sandy! Oh your son is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Also glad to see you all had a great 4th! Talk to you soon... Have a good evening!
 
Sandy - hope the braces make all the difference in the world to him. My friend's son has braces due to Spina Bifida and the socks under the braces really keep the sores down.

I know what you mean about God. We could really hold ourselves up above what that man did, but to God sin is sin - all equal. Just as he loves us the same. None of us deserve God's love and gift of eternal life, but he offers it free for the asking.
 
In a community near mine, a young teenager conspired with two men to have her mother killed. Her online journal got thousands of hits when the news first got out. Then somebody went in and deleted the last couple months...where she was talking about hating her mother. Who knows what makes people want to read those sorts of things. It's just human nature to be curious, I think.

Elijah looks so cute in that picture! I hope the braces work.
 
Man, I cannot believe that the guy had enough nerve . . . but I guess that maybe he thought that he was "normal". Which makes me wonder, I wonder what the rules are if you find a blog where you think that the author is a dangerous person, etc. Humm, cause I wonder if the authorities can locate a person through their blog. Just curious.

Your son is adorable. He is so lucky to have a mama that cares! :)
 
Tee- He actually talked a lot about his "demons" and that he was in jail before for molesting. He was completely open.
I can't imagine how I would feel if that were one of my sons!!
Jayleigh--You are right, yet again! I need to focus my prayers and thoughts on her and not him
Jody--We don't have any children's items in our Gap, I will shop for them online, thanks for the tips!!I bought long socks and rolled it down, he didn't even try to take it off...yet
Marie--THanks, and yeah, me too
Martins--Thanks!
Perri--I got a big pack of long socks today, I can see how the braces will chafe. Poor guy.
and exactly what I was trying to say, it's just amazing, isn't it?
Kerri--wow, that was by you? I think I know which one you are talking about, unless there are more than one!
Zoe--Exactly what some comments said on his blog, people who found it after the fact blasted the people who were regular readers and didn't do anything about it!
 
Hi again from Michele. I understand your feelings re. the monster and his blog. I, too, value life more than, well, life itself. Yet whenever I read about psychos like this who torture and kill in cold blood, I wish a specific kind of hell befalls them.

I almost hate myself for thinking it, for I am such a pacifist. But when I look at my kids and think about how much they mean to me, I'd stop at nothing to give back to those who would harm them.

I have explored this theme in some columns that I have written for my newspaper, and I suspect I'll have to explore them again in future. Wickedness, after all, never seems to rest.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com