Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday, August 07, 2005
  Dis n Dat
E Ku'e Kakou!!!
I am SO NOT political, but I am really passionate about this.











The rally was held on Saturday. Two thousand people in attendance! We had a ceremony for an hour then we all lined Ka'ahumanu avenue and waved signs. Photo on top left shows our two nephews (in green shorts, the big guys)











When I went to Walmart to get stuff to make signs, all they had was black poster boards left!
It was really good. Not just Kamehameha supporters showed up, supporters of ALL Hawaiian programs came because once they topple Kamehameha, everyone feels like every Hawaiian program is threatened, which it is. Hawaiians are the ONLY indigenous group in the United States without Federal recognition.

********************************************************************
Next subject!

My friend was over--and we were having a good time--but I kept wondering to myself what time it was, shouldn't the babies go down for their nap soon?
And sometimes a friend will call and say "let's go to the mall!" and I take into account it will fall into their nap time and I decline. So many things I have missed because of it. Why am I so anal about their nap time? my middle son Noa NEVER had a schedule! (Sometimes I wonder if the boy slept at all.)
I realized that the reason why I am so anxious to get them down is so I can have the ME TIME that I so desperately need! So when my friend that was over asked "is it about their nap time?" (obviously she is a mother too!) I nodded yes, said "pretty soon," relieved she mentioned it. And as they were about to leave, she said "so what do you do while they sleep?" I felt guilty as sin..."um...read." She replied "oh, is that when you do your devotionals?"
"ummmm, no."
Man, do I feel guilty! And yet still, I stayed up until 4am last night reading my latest can't-put-down-book I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. (EXCELLENT BOOK.) And then went to church 5 hours later without a single Sunday School devotional done (we have a very short study to do every day of the week which we go over during SS)
Not to mention I promised a friend I would help her with her daughter's birthday party for this Saturday, had over a month to paint her banner and haven't even started yet.
Sounds like I am gearing up for another school semester of procrastinating! This class I am taking is really supposed to be easy, my last non-science course, Geography. But believe me, It's going to be hard for me. Here, they have NO EMPHASIS WHATSOEVER on the mainland U.S. (We don't learn about the wars, the famous generals, and even where all the States are. The only history class I remember was Hawaiian history.) Embarrassingly, until a few years ago, I thought Washington D.C. was in Washington! How were we supposed to know? If you were to tell me you are from Indiana, or Iowa, or North Dakota, I would have NO CLUE where that is. I only know the places we have visited. This class is going to be a lot of memorizing...the whole WORLD, probably! Ack! What am I rambling about? I better get off and get some ZZZ's with the babies to make up for last night.
Hope you had a great weekend!
 
Comments:
My favorite class in HS and college was World Geography. AND I DETEST those classes where it's just memorizing lists... but at one point I knew not only all the states and their capitals, but also every country in the world and THEIR capitals.

You will do just fine. Think of it as expanding your horizons and knowing exactly WHERE it is that I live 3500 miles away from you in the middle of Michigan.
 
I'm sure you'll do just fine. I mean, you made it through Speech class, didn't you? ;o)
 
That is so awesome that you are so passionate about your beliefs!!! You go girl!!!

I am kind of anal about Seth's naps too. I thought it was because he is my first!!!

Good luck with your class!!!
 
I'm so glad you're standing up for what you believe in! That's awesome! I hope you are all successful.

The baby on the left (I can't tell the twins apart. LOL.), is wearing a shirt Julian has! :)

As for your "me time" when the babies nap - don't feel guilty - not one iota!! ... Human beings NEED me time - and when do mothers EVER get to be alone? I think it's necessary for sanity - for real. You do what you want to do in that time. There's time for other things later.

If you need help with your new class, let me know. I wasn't an A student in History/Geography, but I usually got B's and I really like it.
 
I think it's admirable that you stand up for your beliefs and also go out there and rally with others for the same cause. Keep it up! You are also teaching your boys a valuable lesson in doing so. :)

I used to love geography in school! U.S., World, etc. I love maps. lol
 
Well, if you ever want to come to Indiana, make sure you check with Mapquest so you don't end up in Virgina. That is really interesting that you don't study any other history except your state.
 
Perri--I talked it over with my friend, and we figured that maybe they taught it in 5th grade, when I was in LV with my mother and that's why I thought they never taught it here! But I know for sure they do not emphasize all the wars and things because friends who went to the mainland for college told me they were lost when everyone talked about general so and so and the Battle of whatever...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com