It's a Zoo Around Here!

Welcome Pedro to the menagerie! The kids named him Pedro after the character in Napoleon Dynamite. He's a Jackson Chameleon. Hubby's friend found him on the road and he gave it to us. We got him a bag of crickets and hubby constructed this cage. The screen is only duct taped to the wood. We put in half the bag of crickets and by morning, they were all gone. I knew he couldn't have eaten them all so I looked for a hole. Sure enough, the duct tape was peeled away from a corner. I taped it again and put the rest of the crickets inside. By the end of the day, the cage was empty of crickets again! Now there are crickets making those annoying cricket noises all over the place and poor Pedro can HEAR them all around him but he's in the cage so he can't catch them!! What now???
And thank God for good friends! Alison agreed to help me with the banner and we made it all in one day (Well, almost...we ran out of time and I have to finish the confetti scattered all over but that's nothing) Yeah, the font wasn't such a good idea, it looked cute printed on paper but painted on the banner it looks like we are just messy!

Today I got a HUGE watermelon from Costco and sneaky Z climbed on the table and rolled it off...SPLAT!! It split in half. So I cut it and they got to eat some. Before each bite, Elijah says "wah-ter maymay" he chews, swallows, then says in his halting baby voice "wah-ter maymay" for more. Isn't he adorable? God made babies so cute so we won't choke them for times like when they roll watermelons off tables!