Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Saturday, September 24, 2005
  Better than BFF
I had no idea my 2001 Dodge Caravan was a time machine. I was completely amazed at its capabilities last night. We had a date to meet MBBB (My Best Beach Buddy) from high school and her boyfriend Brett, who are in town for the weekend. Hubby and I unsuspectingly got into what we thought was our van, but really it was a time-capsule-in-disguise, drove 45 minutes SouthWest, and when we emerged, we had been transported back to our early 20's.
We ate, drank, and were very, very merry.

I had the best time. I really miss MBBB! Even though I moved to Maui and had to find other beach buddies, Bri is the only BBB. We have so much fun together. So, without further ado, here is my Ode to Bri:

We surfed and laughed and played all day
from Erma's to Bowl's to Sunset
staying until the sun's last ray
We'd come in and lie in the sand to rest
after getting thrashed and demoted
We encouraged each other to do our best
We were so crazy, the things we've done
Remember that dull party in L.A.?
We started the dance and it ended up fun
You're a true friend and make me smile
You listened to me cry about Will way back then
and told me he was still worthwhile
Now you've got someone special in your life
minus points: he doesn't surf--but he still gets an A
Before you know it you'll be his wife
(just make sure you still catch some waves : )
Through the years you're still there for me
artistic, beautiful, smart, silly, unique Bri
who will forever be: My Best Beach Buddy!
*BTW* I never claimed to be a poet, just tried to rhyme every other line...hehehe, hope that wasn't too painful to read! lol
 
Comments:
What a nice tribute! I hope she reads this and is touched by your words. :o)
 
OOOOO I hope she reads it too! Aren't we so blessed to have special friends? It looks like you are having a very good time!

JB
 
How much fun! Glad you had a nice time!
 
It's great to have a great buddy when you're young and having fun. My good friend lives on the Big Island, but she'll always be my Tita! We've been friends for over 30 years and she's close to my heart.
 
What a nice Post. You and your buddy looked lovely! ; )
 
Awwww, sounds like you have a great buddy!!!! Also sounds like you all had a great time!!!!
 
Wow - Make sure she see's that! I'm sure she would be really touched!.... Nice pics. You guys look like you're having so much fun and you're all so beautiful :)
 
sounds great! Glad you had such a good time. I had an amazing weekend as well. Check it out!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com