Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, September 26, 2005
  Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch
It's been exactly a week since I turned in my resume.
Since last Monday, I have:
*Bought an outfit for the interview
*Had an RN friend over to drill me with clinical questions in preparation for the interview
*Studied my Nursing Procedures Made Incredibly Easy book
and
*Spent my first paycheck before I even got hired by doing things like buying new clothes and renovating the bathroom ("It's okay, honey, we can charge it, I'll pay it off when I get paid.")

lol. I guess I better call HR tomorrow and let them know "I'm still interested" or whatever you call that desperate please-won't-you-hire-me call.

*****update**** I called HR and found out that they are actively recruiting RN III's, not new RN's like me
So when I heard they were desperate for RN's, it wasn't for MY kind of RN. I'm two levels below RN III.
Not only that, but the last RN class graduated in May and then they had to pass their Boards and apply to get hired, which all must have been not too long ago, filling all the graduate nurse positions : (
My application was sent to the Nursing department and I just have to wait and see if they will ever call me!
 
Comments:
Not to be cliche', but that power of positive thinking goes a long ways at times. Keep that frame of mind, and here's hoping it all goes as you'd like it to :)

My sister is an RN, and has had a good choice of workplaces, as I hear it, you should too. She was an LPN for @ 6 years and got her RN a few years ago. She says she still feels like a rookie when she is in a new department. She thought about transferring to Queens for a while, but is still hanging on the mainland for now.

Good Luck Sandy!

PS Your kids are just too cute! :)
 
I will be praying for you to get this job and keep your head up.
 
I hope everything works out the way you want! I hate that wait after the resume goes out!
 
I hope you get the job! ; )
 
Well, at least your bathroom got done! Seriously, I'm praying you get called soon.
 
girl...a nurse in hawaii? you're gonna be BANKING! good luck! :)
 
Surely if they can't find the RN III's they will hire you--I mean I know you are a quick learner--you can do it--right???

JB
 
Whatever is meant to be - just remember that. (God's will and not yours)... {HUG}.
 
Hope you get the job soon. If not, they are desperate for RN's around here! :)
 
Fingers crossed!
 
any news yet?? thinking about ya
 
What's the difference between and RN1 and and RN3? I mean, does it have to do with how many years you have worked or something else? I'm curious because ONE OF THESE DAYS...I'm going back to nursing school and I've never heard of different levels of RN's.
 
If you weren't so happy in paradise you could come to main land.. everywhere is desperate for nurses ..ALL levels.
 
Thanks for all the well wishes and advice, everyone!
To answer some questions:
The only differences between the levels of RN's are the experience and the PAY. We all have the same license.
No, they haven't called me yet, so, yeah, I am taking this time to spend with the kidlets : )
 
I hope you feel better Sandy (((hugs)))
 
I do too...hang in there! :)
 
Don't be sad, (I could not post to that one)it will get better! I have the pic from the Zoo posted. CHeck it out!
 
Good thoughts to you -

Aloha!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com