Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, September 01, 2005
  Swell
Today was possibly the most perfect day this whole month. Okay, so it's only the first day of the month, but it couldn't have gone any better!
A nice swell came rolling in to my favorite beach and we went to surf there this morning. Jetty Betty and her daughter are here on Maui so we got to meet there at the beach . She's very sweet and has an accent--not the voice I imagined in my head!

Thanks for taking time out to meet us, Betty!
I had such a good time I begged hubby to let us go back after we picked up the boys from school. So we did! Boy were they happy!










Noa and his friend fished until sunset

Hubby and I took turns watching the babies while the other one surfed. I got to go out three times today and he only went out twice : )
Here the twins just abandoned clothes altogether.

I find it ironic that as I spent my day reveling in utter gloriousness, there are people, not just people, but AMERICANS, who are DYING in New Orleans, people who have no food, water, or shelter. I can't stop watching the coverage on TV. It's so hard to take and yet I can't tear my eyes away. I had no idea it was so bad, until I turned it onto one of those 24 hour news channels and I saw the VERY streets we walked just a few years ago immersed in water. The beautiful Garden District, is that gone too? I can't believe it. And I don't understand why we can't send in emergency supplies immediately. What's up with that? It's just so heartbreaking. It sounds so cliche, but please, please don't forget to pray for these people.
 
Comments:
it's weird looking at the devastation... it's surreal that it's America. i'm used to flood footage and watching people on their roof 'coz storms are fierce where i come from. but the violence and the lawlessness going on is what i'm appalled to.
 
i am in utter disbelief on where you live. when can i visit? we can sit and watch the hurricane coverage together since i cant get enough either!! ok, so pick me up at the airport at noon, k? lol
 
I only really watched the news yesterday and am shocked about the lack of help those people are receiving. The scenes are so incomprehensible I feel like I am watching a movie. I've kept to my normal posts because I need to be positive.
 
Your day sounded wonderful, be happy and grateful that you can have those days. As for the mess in New Orleans, it is so sad. I hope and pray that the survivors are taken care of. My work is having a donation day to raise money for them. Anyone who donates 5 bucks can wear jeans to work and we all get to help out those poor people. You can bet I will dontate.
 
I know what you mean - it's incomprehensible.
 
first of all wow! it is awsome you surf.
second wow what pretty pics.
third you lucky dog living somewhere so beautiful.
and forth my heart is also breaking daily for the victams of the huricane just keep praying
 
I've had the same conflicting emotions - enjoying happy times in my life, sadness and anguish for those who are suffering... guilt for my happy times. We're only human.

I'm glad you got to meet another blogger. Beautiful photos. I wish I could go to the beach and hear the water come in and out. I need that right now.
 
It's nice meeting other bloggers isn't it? We have fun having get togethers here on Oahu.

It's so sad that all those people have to go through all this turmoil. I pray for them to get help soon. It's just devastating to lose everything as they have.
 
Sandy,
I loved our time together--it was such an incredible blessing for me. We fell in love with your twins--they are soooo cute! Thanks for taking some time out to meet us!!!
Blessings!
JB
 
That is so cool that you met an actual blogger! I wish I lived where you do. It is beautiful!
 
Always the best snapshots on your blog!
 
I am sooooooo jealous that you got to meet Jetty Betty! (I told her the same thing about you on on her blog):)

I had a bit of an angry post yesterday about the hurricane. I've calmed down a bit, but I'm still mad. I think it stinks that whenever there is a tragedy like this everyone looks for someone to blame. I'm doing my part in the relief efforts. But your plea for prayers is great! It's going to be REALLY rough for the next several months!

If I'm ever on Maui I'll look you up! :)
 
I'm glad you had such a nice time! Those are beautiful pictures, especially the sunset view. Wow.
:-)

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
 
love your photos and your blog. Beautiful
 
What a great day. I wish we lived there. It sounds so wonderful.

You must post surf pictures!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com