Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
  'Twas the Night Before...
..The Biggest South Swell of the YEAR, probably. I know you don't care, but I am sitting here already nervous. The News talked about how big it was, washing over roads, and over a hundred rescues by lifeguards. They even closed down Big Beach today
Tomorrow hubs is gonna wake up and dawn patrol and I will get the twins ready and meet him at my fave spot at a decent hour. I pray it won't be so big that I chicken out. I WANT this so bad it's all I can think about! Not just the good, but the what-ifs. Do men think like this when they are daddies? Because being a mom, I'm always thinking, "if I die out there, will the kids be okay without me?" (even if the waves are small this crosses my mind) And I'm thinking the various ways I will meet my demise. Here is my countdown...
Tomorrow, I have a higher percent chance of dying because:Image hosted by Photobucket.com
5) It's raining now, which means murky water tomorrow (murky=sharks)
4) IT'S HUGE
3) I'm out of shape
2) I'm gonna go anyway!
and most of all, the number one reason why my chances of dying are higher tomorrow:
1) Because I am getting over my period which means I will either: a) go without a tampon and bleed a little, calling all the sharks to come eat me or b) wear the stupid plug and get TSS and die!

aiyeeeeeeeeee!
 
Comments:
woohoo, sandy!!! i'm excited for you!!!;) good luck and take some photos!
 
You can do it! Good Luck!
 
You're not gonna die! Have fun!
 
Oh man! I'm nervous for you. Don't die! LOL... I want to learn how to surf so bad but I have such a fear of the water. When I was a kid I was boogie boarding and a wave knocked me under and my board was on top of me. I know it was only a few seconds but I was scared under there...
Then maybe about 5 years ago I decided to over come my fear. I spent all day boogie boarding and having fun - happy to have overcome my fear... Well, hubby and I were out a bit far near a sand bar and talking, having fun, not paying attention - we got pulled WAY the heck out by a rip tide. I was panicking and Hubby isn't a good swimmer. Nobody could hear us yelling and this beach had no lifeguards. Luckily my Dad saw me waving and must have noticed how far we were because he came right out and spent a long hard swim getting both Hubby and I to shore.

Anyhow... be safe and catch a big wave for me! :)
 
Hope you're having fun! :)
 
Oh God, don't say that. Now I am all freaked out for you!!
 
Ah, what a wonderful life! Enjoy your day and take lots of pictures!
 
Wow!! Sounds intense to say the least...but also a huge rush. Good luck and have fun!! :)
 
Hmmmm do I know where you met the waves?

Some things a woman just has to do!

Can hardly wait to hear how it went!!

JB
 
you can do it! Let us know what happens! You are going to make it!
 
GEESH don't die... i found a blog i really like : )
have fun girly. steer clear of sharks.
 
Um, just cause you made me scared for you just now, you are ordered to wear the plug cause noone ever gets TSS. 23 years solid and counting! TMI. :) So now I will have to come visit tomorrow for sure and see pictures of you in the water looking hot!

Stay safe and have a blast!
 
you are cracking me up with the TSS! I thought the same thing about being on my period at the beach. I have to think that sharks don't like period blood as much...but I'm not a shark and I don't know their preferences. good thing.
 
i would wait till next year. wow those are some crazy thoughts chickie but post pics please of the swell would love to see that. be careful i will pray for you to not die and surf like you have never surfed before but i still would not do it.
 
Have fun and BE SAFE!
 
you will be fine!! I am jealous, I do not even know how to surf.
 
I am so jealous. I wish there were waves like that a few weeks ago when I was there. When we went to Oahu i spent an afternoon at North Shore in the rain waiting for major waves. Take lots of pics! AND HAVE FUN!
 
Okay, so I just got on and saw this. How did it go. I am a bit freaked out that you haven't posted since Wednesday.

Tell me it was unreal, and how much fun you had....but tha all is well.

I have been out in a hurricane before. The waves were overhead and fierce. I did not stay out long, and must say I probably caught one wave. It was just breaking too hard for me.

POST SOON!!
 
way more info than your male readers needed!!
Fun post anyway
 
lol at your comment, David. Well, a lady got eaten by a shark and the news had a debate on whether girls should go surf or not while on their period and I figure if they can talk about it on the news (how do THEY know whether she got eaten because of that?!?) then I can talk about it on my blog : )
 
Came over here from DAvid's blog jsut so I could read this story. Ha ha on him.
 
are we all ok here now, or do i need a calendar to keep track of all my readers and fellow bloggers??? di you suppose there is any truth that men have a lunar cycle also? I am crazy this night due to full moon, and many other "man problems" that I can't go into.
Glad to see Nettie made it through the blogonet to this fine site.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com