Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
  What?!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com HERE'S a picture of a man without a shirt that I should have posted!

Yesterday's post, yeah, that was to get all those compliments. I'm trying to butter hubby up so he'll say yes to an impossibly expensive portrait package that I want that was taken of the kids. Picture pick up (and choosing the package) is Friday, wish me luck!

Today, while driving, I passed two gas stations in a row. The first station's price was $3.51, and the gas station right next to it was $3.91. Which one would you go to?? If you're sane, you'd go to the cheaper one if it was FORTY cents difference, wouldn't you? I mean, it's not like it's only 5 cents difference! Well, believe it or not, there was a car filling up at the $3.91 gas station! Why?! Image hosted by Photobucket.com I actually almost stopped so I could ask him.
Not that it mattered for long, driving back that way this afternoon, the cheaper station's price went up to $3.95!
Okay, I'd like your opinion please. I WANT TO GET MY BABIES OUT OF MY BED. I saw little beds like these at Costco, just the right size for them! Yes or No, do you think the twins will sleep in them? (Actually, what I am asking is-- should I get them or will I be wasting my money?) I'm already "weaning" Z from sleeping nestled on my armpit, he now has to sleep with his head on the pillow like a "big boy" and he actually did it tonight. (Nevermind that he smushed himself as close as possible to me... he wasn't technically ON me, lol)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
 
Comments:
Da husband is correct! it is going to go off!
Compass points 160-170 give or take.(if ya wondering - go to Oahu Surf Forecast - da Pat Caldwell link - get da map)
I'd think the harbor will go nuts.
Over here, i am camping on it being a China's or turtles day in da bay (moanalua)... If it is as big as they predict, and the buoys are saying so, me thinks it is going to be a memory buster.
Soooo stoked.
I have been stationed at Kaimuki for the last 9 years - I just got promoted, and now I am stuck in the 911 call center. more kala but no where near as much fun.

My entire family, the whole slew, is from Kaupo.

More of us in Makawao, than O'ahu.

Aloha!
 
This is Sandy's stream-of-consciousness blog. :-)

Why WAS the guy filling up at the more expensive station? SHEESH!
 
~They are taking advantage - the gas people!

Why don't you create a shirt where a pillow is sewn on your armpit? :)
 
I would get the beds and let the little guys sleep in one of your tee shirts so they will have a part of mommy with them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and all we need to do now is get solar. We are still using electric for fridge, computer and lights though now that its getting cooler I am lighting the lovely oil lamps I have collected.
 
Those beds *might* work. It is all in your boys temperments. I bought Mr. Bill a race car bed and he wants nothing to do with it. Waste. Of. Money.

With our girls we bought a regular toddler bed for them and they transitioned at about 1 year. Mr. Bill on the other hand, moved into his own bed about a year ago but it has been in my room for that time. He just decided he wanted to be in with the girls last week and so far we are hit and miss with sleeping in his own bed.

Good Luck!
 
Hee - that cartoon guy does nothing for me. ;)

As for the gas - I always go for the cheaper gas but some people are brand loyal, some people have a credit card for a particular station and no cash LOL, some people (like my husband), think it's cheaper because they watered it down. LOL... I don't know. I go for cheaper.

As for the babies - they're sleeping in your bed!? I didn't know that. LOL. Good Lord. Sometimes in the night one would be taking a feeding and I'd fall asleep and forget to put them back but I never did it on purpose. I hate sleeping with a baby in my bed. You can't move your arm and they flail out their little arms and smack you in the face. ROFL. Not to mention that I jolt awake every 20 minutes thinking I rolled over on them....

Anyway, good luck on the bed. Thing. With Nick we first moved his crib to another room. When he was trustworthy enough, we got him a racecar bed, but kept a babygate across his doorway just in case. I can't remember having a problem.

With Julian he started out in a crib in our room and got moved straight to a bottom bunk bed with a safety thing so he wouldn't roll out, plus a gate on the door. (He was sharing a room with Nick. No room for the crib.) ...

Now that I think about it, both of them went through phases where they'd get out of bed and play with their toys, but they eventually crawled back to bed and fell asleep. We baby proofed the room as much as possible and used a baby monitor.

Good luck!
 
gosh girl, get those babies in a spidey sleeping bag bed and at least try it !! it really is nice when everyone can go to bed in their OWN spot and you and hubby have some privacy and room to spread out . good luck
 
No way! That person filling up on gas that was way more expensive must have been on crack. lol

I like the picture of your hubby more than the cartoon version, obviously. ;)
 
I've got to weigh in on this one. With our first, he got really sick at around 9 months and we chose to have him sleep with us for awhile, then we traveled alot during that summer for youth camps, so it turned into several months. We tried to transition him from our bed to his own and it was REALLY hard. A friend gave me a toddler bed when he was about 2, and we set it up in our room and as long as he was still near us, he slept fine. Here's the thing, we TRAIN our children how to sleep, we aren't helpless to give in to however they want it to happen. The toddler bed worked for us becuase it was his size, where a twin seemed to swallow him up. After he was used to the toddler bed, we moved him into his own room. Then baby #2 was born and we decided that we didn't want to repeat the hassles we had with baby #1, so baby #2 learned from day 1 how to sleep in her own bed, so did #3 when he was born. They still get their cuddle time because every morning as soon as daylight hits (that's our rule) they all come running to our room and jump in our King size for family cuddle time.

I wish you lived closer, I'm selling 2 toddler beds in my yard sale this weekend! The 5 yr. old sleeps on the top bunk, the 2 yr.old sleeps in her own twin size, and the 19 mos. old sleeps on the bottom bunk. We put them all in the same room for space reasons and because they were ending up in the same room anyway. They actually like sleeping near each other. That will change as they grow and Zoe especially will need her own room.

Buy the beds! But if you do, make them sleep in them. You can always sell them on ebay when they're done with them, or give them to a friend who is needing to get her children out of her bed. lol
BTW, Debby's comment puzzled me. I think anytime your children sleep in your bed and your spouse sleeps elsewhere, there is a problem with mixed up priorities. I'm glad they've worked that out. I know when we did, it improved our sex life! HA!:)
 
Our five year old never slept in his crib, ever, and only slept in his toddler bed once. I remember posting that night on how well it went, hah. I walked him forever at night to keep him asleep, and at some point we realized that he slept like a dream in bed with us. We were tired and I liked falling asleep looking at his sweet face anyway. But when number two was on the way, we needed him out of the bed. We finally gave up and gave him our bedroom. Instead of moving him out, we just relocated ourselves. That actually worked pretty good and we needed to move upstairs anyway so that both boys could have the downstairs bedrooms. #2 didn't have that problem, no idea why though. He really enjoys sleeping and never had any issues. Just different kids I guess. Good luck! And some people have so much money that they don't even look at the price of gas. That's what I hear anyway. I remember having a conversation with friends about the different ways to handle two people using one checking account. They said that they didn't keep up with the check registar and didn't keep up with it online either. I was confused for a long time and kept asking more questions trying to figure out how that worked. Then it hit me, "oooh, if you have lots of money in it all the time, you don't have to watch it to make sure you don't bounce checks. oohhh, never thought of that before."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com