Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, February 01, 2007
  More mish mash

Middle son has been begging to keep a chicken as a pet for years.
A coworker raises her own food--cows, pigs, chickens, etc and we spent a lot of time talking about it one night.
I've come to the decision that son and I can both get something we want if he gets a hen to raise and I get the eggs for us to eat. Cruelty-free eggs. Though I really like them clean, refrigerated, grade A, and packaged for me! I just have to get over the ick factor. (Yes, I know he is holding a rooster, lol)

Last night we went to oldest son's basketball game (and I want to thank you guys for being honest and encouraging to me.) He played most of the game and did well, though they lost by four points. Two more games to go and yes, I WILL be there, though I hope I can keep the twins home next time...UGH are they too active. (They ran onto the court!)

Last but not least, Z has been complaining about a problem "down there" so I took him to the doctor. To make a long story short, he had an ultrasound of his kidneys, ureters, and bladder today:

and we found out that he has to repeat that horrible surgery again that he went through when he was two. (They tried to dilate his urethra-- the opening where the urine comes out--it should be a slit, but it's just a small hole, and it causes too much pressure on his bladder which has to work to get his urine out and it can cause problems to his kidneys) The first surgery failed, healing right back to original size. I did not want to go through that pain and suffering again for nothing so we are flying to Oahu to see another surgeon. Please pray this one will work and will go well.
 
Comments:
Oh man. I will pray for little Z and his mom too!

Let us know what the doc in Oahu says!

I used to keep chickens when we lived in Galveston. There is nothing like fresh eggs!
 
We've been talking about getting chickens, too. When I go through a dozen eggs just for breakfast, it seems like a good idea!

Sorry the surgery has to be redone. That's discouraging. Hopefully you'll get someone who can do it right this time.
 
oh no poor little guy, my little one had surgery down there when he was only 9mos old to correct the direction of things so to speak, it was WAY crooked, there is a name for it, but it is lost on me right now. thanks for coming by my friend, I miss you, I need to get over here more and add you back into my list...thanks for never taking me out. you are my sista from another mista - you know when I did my blog design or had it done i should say, I had forgotten that your surfer girl was the same just different skin and hair, I think it is cool that we have the same one and I wish that I really knew how to surf like you do, some day, but she still fits my personality better than any others that I looked for.
 
Chickens sound like fun, actually. I have a lot of good memories going to find eggs at a friends house when I was little.

I will pray for your little guy, that he has a successful surgery this time... hang in there mama!
 
that is funny about your pet chicken!

i will be praying for your son...

i know how it is to bring some kids to games... e and h are 16 months apart and they would run all over the place at my sons games! i feel for you.:)
 
Keeping my fingers crossed for the little one. ; )
 
We used to have a neighbor who kept chickens and she'd give us eggs. It was a trade but I can't remember what she got from us. I kinda miss being woken up by a rooster every morning.

I really hope Z's surgery is successful this time. I'll keep him in my prayers. *hugs*
 
Oh no! Oh, Sandy, I'm so sorry. I had hoped his surgery had worked. Man. :(

Hopefully it's successful this time. Bah.
 
Oh Sandy, I am so sorry. He looks happy in the picture though! It looks like he is a brave boy. Good luck. I hope that all goes well.
 
So sorry he's going through this as a boy when we all get to deal with it again later...

alan
 
Glad you made it to the basketball game! You and your family will be in my prayers. I gotta say that Z looks pretty at home in that hospital bed!
 
Lotsa good thinkings from over here, kiddo!

New look is pretty sweet as well.

If your in need of anything on Oahu, lemme know, 'K ?

Aloha!
 
how is everything??
 
Awh! I'm so sorry for little Z. I've just said a prayer for him. He looks so sweet there. Poor guy. Is he scared at all?

I'm so glad you went to your oldest son's game! :)

I thought that was a rooster he was holding but I didn't want to judge. LMAO. I was just going to wait for the post that said, "Don't know what's wrong with our hen. No eggs yet!" Hee hee hee... We have started to buy our eggs from a co-worker of my husband's. He raises some of his own food, too and sells the eggs. They're brown and I know it makes no difference but I still miss my gleaming white grocery store eggs. LOL. Maybe I'll get used to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com