Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
  Haunted
Lately work has been getting to me. The images have been lingering in my mind longer than they should. Whatever defense mechanism I had to keep my home/work life separated has somehow been lost. I'm mired in the muck of the worst things in life.

Human beings are incredibly cruel and/or stupid.
I wish I could change things, but am totally powerless.

Not only that, but a thought that often enters my mind is, if this person knew this was their last day on this earth, would they have lived it differently?
Shouldn't we always be living life like it's our last day, because we never know when it will be?
If that is so, then my days have been seriously inadequate.

Boy, aren't YOU glad you stopped my my blog today. haha.

In other news, I am on a new diet where I only eat "whole foods" for two meals a day then can eat whatever I want for my third meal. I felt slimmer within days. Imagine all the calories I'm cutting out by not having three heavy meals a day! Plus no soda, etc. Basically, I'm just trying to cut the amount of calories coming in. Though of course, in true "me" fashion, I have cheated a few times. The first day I ate non-stop because I couldn't imagine that fruit alone could fill me up. But by the fourth day, a nectarine for breakfast was sufficient. Too bad I'll never know how much I lost because I was too afraid to weigh myself for the "before" weight. It's surely the highest I have ever been non-pregnant. People were starting to ask if I was pregnant again.
ack.
Like I said, people are incredibly cruel. haha, just kidding.
 
Comments:
I am sorry things are getting you down at work. I would imagine that you see some pretty horrid things in the ER. Hopefully this is just a few down days for you and things will start looking brighter for you soon.
Try to fill your mind with good things and maybe that will help. Phil. 4:8
 
Come Monday we will be starting diets too ugh I dread it already
 
Ack - I can't believe people are so dumb to ask if you're pregnant. That is SUCH a no-no! :(

You're beautiful. Sorry that you're dieting. Dieting SUCKS. :p

Also sorry about your take on life lately. I've felt the same. {HUG}
 
I know I couldn't be an ER nurse - or probably even register people because of everything I would see.

I'm sure the turnover rate must be high for that department.

Good luck on the diet.
 
yeah for the wieght I have lost 21 pounds since feb. It has not been easy but is getting easier, YEAH!

Keep your head up and hope you start feeling better
 
Oh man...it's got to be rough doing what you do sometimes. I think it's a lot harder for women to compartmentalize things too. I've always wanted to be a counselor, but have worried about my ability to separate work and home too. It's a difficult thing to do.
Sounds like a decent diet. You can't go wrong eating all natural, "un-messed-with" food. :)
 
I should give the whole foods diet a try! Ive done pretty good with my efforts so far, but my results arent fast enough! Ill have to check into it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com