Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
  May, and Decision Time
Happy Belated MayDay! (*singing*~MayDay is LeiDay in HawaiiNei...~)



My youngun' is second from left, if you can recall. hehe. They danced a hula and also rocked to a High School Musical song. Noa was the conch shell blower too : )


This month he got a special luncheon at school for being voted as having the Hawaiian Value of "Ahonui," or Patience. I was very happy (and actually, quite surprised! Patience?! This boy who needs everything RIGHT NOW!?) On this day he didn't have to wear his school uniform and we were invited to eat with him, go in front of the line, he got special recognition and best of all...cake and ice cream!


The first of this month also brought a South swell...my favorite kind. Welcome Summer swells! I can't wait to spend every non-working day at the beach. The twins are lovin' it too.

Doesn't Isaiah look so good?! I bet you can't tell the twins apart now, huh!

Now the clock is ticking for me, it's time to make a decision. Remember when I said I was interested in going back to school to become an EMT? (work the ambulance) well, some people are supportive, saying I should do it if it's what will make me happy. But they are the minority. Basically everyone else, including my husband, is against it, and for good reason. Main thing they say is, I already HAVE a career, why suffer more school for way less pay? My answer is, it's what I want to do, I only have one life to live and why not do something I dream of doing, right? But in the end, it DOES seem kind of selfish, what with taking time away from the kids so I can go back to school for something I don't really NEED to do.

I already jumped through the hoops, turned in a lengthy application, obtained my drivers abstract, got several great references, did all the required testing, applied for school, even had to get an immunization SHOT--which I abhorred-- and now that I've lost even my husband's support, I feel like I'm just hanging. What to do now? Do I follow my dream or would that be selfish and foolish? I've already resigned myself to the fact that I need to keep my current job (at two days a week) for its retirement benefits and so I would only work the ambulance job once every other week, which would be fine with me, but will it all be worth it? The last real hurdle is the interview in front of five panel members. It's coming up next month. Go for it or not??

 
Comments:
Happy Mother's Day
 
HI there stranger!

Tough decisions to make, especially without the spouse on board, can be agonizing.

Certainly the RN to EMT fast track can't be that long? Not sure. Just a few months maybe? Are you thinking you want to do Life Flight? that would be amazing. That is what I wanted to do.

Pray about it and the right answer will come.
 
I say if it makes you happy go for it! You can always say that youve done it, rather then wonder what could have been.
 
Adrenalin Junkie??! Most EMT's want to be nurses, or so I thought. You would lose a lot of clout in what you can do for a patient, EMT's are very limited in how far they can go and you may be put in situations where you have the talent and ability to do something in the field for someone, but due to liability you could not, could be an agonizing position. As far as the "if it makes you happy", you are not making the decision in a vacuum, as you know, and you were thinking about the time lost with the twins and what that might do to their learning curve for school, something like that.
So, do you or don't you? You might want to pray on it, and also examine why the desire is there to do something that essentially requires less of you, is very short term while doing it, and can be dangerous. Is it because of the rush?
 
I'm a big advocate of following your dreams, but sometimes I think we can have dreams that conflict with each other, and you have to choose which is more important to you. Also, is it something you could put off a few years- or is this your one and only opportunity?
 
You cut your hair! You look adorable!!

The kids look great and so happy everyone is doing well.

As for the career choice, if it were me (and I'm not saying you should follow what *I* would do, but you asked for opinions), I would wait until the kids were older. They're only little for so long so I would want to spend as much time with them as I can. School and career will still be waiting.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
||  Contact  ||  Home  ||

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / July 2010 /

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Blogroll Me!

« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger



Image hosted by Photobucket.com